Clearing The Negative & Healing From Within
We all go through times of negative self talk. Most of us are often our own worst critics. When we buy into these destructive self assessments we open a door that attracts more negativity into our world. And often times that begins a the snowball effect, rolling down hill getting larger and more overwhelming.
But it’s not enough to simply stop the negative thinking, or taking in the negativity from others. We often create a void that wants to be filled with something. If we let it be, it more often than not becomes filled with more or returning negativity.
The easiest way to correct this problem is to fill the void with beneficial energy that will help you heal from within and promote a sense of well being through your day, week, month and life.
In today’s world meditation is viewed from two perspectives, from the spiritual form of enlightenment and becoming one with spirit. Or through the eyes of mainstream medicine as a non-denominational practice that can relieve stress.If a non-denominational practice interests you, try the 5 Minute Meditation.
Meditation in both forms has been shown to be beneficial for relieving stress, improving health and increasing productivity. But for many it’s more than an alternative medical approach to dealing with stress and anxiety. It’s a way of finding renewed strength on a personal and spiritual level. To open a connection between the inner self and the Divine force in that person’s life to gain inner strength to persevere and endure trials, challenges and over come those situations with the help of that greater force. Whatever you call that Divine energy or who or what that Divine force maybe is completely up to you.
Why do we use color for energy in meditation? This is one mediation that is truly dependent on the visualization of energy more than others. While all use some form of color visualization, this one needs the clarity of color to emphasize the energy you’re creating. Without going into a great deal of detail, energy has motion or movement, sound, and color. Think of a radio spectrum that moves in relation to sound. There are different wave lengths and colors to represent the variations in energy being recorded. One way to help us create specific types of energy, is by visualizing its color.
Remember imagination is a powerful tool. Einstein said “Thought is energy. To create it, use your imagination.” Instead of allowing your thoughts to fall back on negative self talk or negative talk of others, give yourself a tool to wash away that black negativity and replace it with the emerald green light of calm unconditional loving energy.
As with all types of Correspondence of This and That, there is no single set table of color to energy. From a spiritual perspective, energy and its color is best based on your view of the Chakra System. The system I use is based on Tibetan teachings and the 9 primary chakras. In that system, the Thymus chakra (also known as the Heart chakra) vibrates with a green glow. This is the center of unconditional love. It holds the function of Physical Purpose, as above so below and it governs the implementation of your spiritual blue print. Because it’s the chakra of unconditional love, it is used as the source for energy healing, and thus..healing energy is a pure flawless emerald green.
The following is a generic process that you can enhance or alter to fit your personal views and beliefs.
The 5 Minute Clearing & Healing Meditation:
The following is a quick process for a 5 Minute Meditation. If you’re at work, you can do this at your desk, schedule a conference room where you can be alone or share the time with a few co-workers. You can even take a break and go to your car or a local park, sit under a tree on the far side of the parking lot or simply hide in the store-room for a few minutes.
If you’re at home, sit on the edge of the couch, or in a warm bath to find a moment of relaxation. Any place in or around your home that gives you a few moments of solitude will do. You can take 5 minutes in the morning before you get out of bed, or 5 minutes before you lay down and go to sleep at night. Extend your morning shower and incorporate the flowing water into your visualization to wash out the negativity.
As a spiritual practice you may want to light a candle and say a simple prayer before you begin. Some people prefer to conduct their meditation before a small altar in their home. Others enjoy using a portable altar that they can take with them to any location inside or outside. Simply make sure any items you may use are safe for your surroundings.
What works for someone else may not work for you. So try different methods, or different situations to take your 5 minutes of relaxation when you need it most.
- Begin by sitting comfortably in an upright position. Rest your hands and arms in your lap. Palms up.
- Close your eyes and take in 3 deep breaths through your nose, but exhale through your mouth.
- The key here is to fill your lungs to their fullest capacity. And then to exhale to your fullest ability as well.
- If you want to add a simple visualization,
- Imagine the Divine Light as a White source of energy gathering together in the depths of space and moving through the atmosphere, gently coming toward you and into your body through your nose as you inhale. See this light penetrating your body like a pure white beam of light that grows larger and stronger with each breath you take in. Imagine the light traveling down your spine and filling your entire body from its center point at your solar plexus (where your rib cage meets at the bottom).
- As you exhale, imagine all your stress, anxiety and negative energy being pushed out of your body as if this balloon of white light is forcing the negativity out of your inner being. Exhale through your mouth and visualize a gray smoke of negative energy leaving through your mouth. See this smoke rising out into space where it will dissipate and no longer cause harm to anyone.
- Return to normal breathing and imagine a silver cord (like an electrical cord) traveling from your solar plexus down to the center of the Earth. See it moving through the floor, the dirt and bedrock, through the molten lava and then plugging into the center of the Earth’s core. Like an electrical cord plugging into an outlet. Once you’re plugged in, imagine the pure clear yellow glow of the Earth’s energy moving up the cord and into your body. The yellow light intertwines with the white light pulsating within your solar plexus. Don’t mix the two energies into one color. Keep them separate and distinct. Do this for 3 slow and methodical breaths.
- Turn your attention to the beating of your heart. With each beat imagine the white and yellow light in your solar plexus growing larger. Pushing the stress and anxiety out of your body as this bubble of internal light grows and begins to fill your body. This is a very important part of this meditation. You don’t want to trap negative energy within your being. you want to push it out. See your bubble of light moving the dark gray muck like waves being pushed away with the ball of light.
- Imagine these two energies expanding and growing with each pulsating beat of your heart. As they grow, each one begins to turn into a bright clear emerald green light. Each beat of your heart infuses this changing and moving energy with unconditional loving healing energy, turning it to a pure green healing light and causing it to expand, filling your body.
- See the green light travel through your arms and out your finger tips. Down your legs and out your toes. See it gently move up your shoulders and neck, then out the top of your head. See this green light as the most powerful energy in the Divine Universe, conquering every negative thought with love and moving through each part of your body.
- Imagine looking into a mirror and seeing the bright green light pulsating through your entire physical being, pushing out through every pore in your skin, bathing you in healing light and energy; filling the void left by the negative smoke with loving green healing energy, so that the gray negativity cannot return and get back inside your being.
- Complete your vision by seeing this emerald green light push out from your body to engulf you in a force-field of protection. Imagine the light extending to about 2 feet from your body, bathing you in a green bubble of Divine Healing. Take in one last deep breath and imagine the White Light of the Divine, filling your lungs and rushing out from your heart in a brilliant gold light of protection to create a 3inch shell on the outside of your healing bubble. This is the light of protection from the Divine force in your life. It is the strongest energy imaginable and nothing can get through its outer shell. See it sparkle and move around you, reflecting all negativity of any kind back to its source, away from you, protecting you from all things.
- Take the last minute of your meditation to give yourself a calm and loving pep talk. “I forgive me, I open my heart, mind and spirit to unconditional love and healing. I welcome the calm contentment of loving who I am and what I’m willing to become. I open to change for the better and see the unlimited possibilities that I can create in my day; because I am one with the Divine in my life”.
- When you’re ready, take in one deep cleansing breath and open your eyes on the exhale.
If your meditation takes longer than 5 minutes, keep practicing it. You’ll find it will go quicker as you gain experience. You can also change it up a little to cut some time here or shorten that part of the visualization. But whatever you do, don’t give up. If you have a little more time and keep it longer than 5 minutes, you’ll reap benefits from that too.
Some people like to wear a talisman (such as a special necklace with a charm) and charge it with energy during this meditation. When they feel moments of “weakness” during the day, they can hold the talisman, close their eyes, take in a deep breath and image all the positive energy they created in this five minutes come rushing from the charm and filling their body for an “instant boost”. This idea can help those who are in stressful situations that may feel like they are weakening your resolve.
This is just one method of meditation. Use it verbatim or change it up to fit your own personal interests and perspectives. If it inspires you to create your own 5 minute meditation process that’s great! Some people like to add music, others light incense or a candle (just make sure you’re allowed to do that if you’re at work). This is your 5 minutes, so put the process to work for YOU.
Good luck and I hope this short meditation can help those that need it the most!
© 2012 Springwolf, D.D., Ph.D. Springwolf Reflections / Springs Haven, LLC. All Rights Reserved.