It’s known as “Black Friday” or “Black Cat Day”. And it’s a good day for Pagans because it’s seen as the perfect day. But here’s an interesting synchronicity; this post is the 1300th article here on Reflections.
The Thirteen represents good luck and moving with the flow of Divine energy. Going with the flow is an important part of Pagan perspectives. Fighting against the tide is akin to fighting against change making bad situations even worse than they already are. Where as going with the flow of change brings peace and harmony. Even if you’re flowing with the tide, you are always in control of the paddle of your ship. Guide it safely forward and you’ll reap the benefits of the opportunities that cross your path.
It’s the perfect number for a Coven of Witches, thanks to a Norse Goddess. Norse Mythology tells of the witches of the north gathering under the dark moon near the entrance to Valhalla. On one moonless night that fell on a Friday, Freya herself came through the doorway and appeared before the gathering. Taking note they were only 12 witches present, Freya gave them one of her sacred cats to complete a full witches’ coven. Even today, witches comprise the perfect coven with 13 members.
Behind Today’s Number March 13, 2015
Mathematics is the only language shared by all humans regardless of culture, religion, or gender. Numerology is the study of the divine or mystical relationship between a count or measurement and life. It has many systems and traditions and beliefs. My practice of numerology is Shamanistic Numerology that’s based on Celtic and North American Shamanistic teachings.
This is not the only method of deriving insight from numbers. It’s not the best method or the true method. It’s simply one of many methods and one that resonates most with me and my personal perspectives of the Divine and the world we live in. So it’s the one I use.
From a Shamanistic Numerology standpoint, today’s number is a Sub-Prime number and as a numerical number it represents the spiritual aspect of this event.
A quick review:
Prime numbers are those numbers that are specific to you, your birthday, social security or other numbers that will stick with you throughout your lifetime.
Sub-Prime numbers are numbers associated with you that change over time. Your phone number, an employee number, drivers license number and other things like that. A date falls into the category of Sub-Prime, because it only comes around once and quickly changes to the next day in the scheme of your lifetime.
There are two ways to look at the date. First through the numerical view 03/13/2015, which would be the official way to view the date. Because this is the universal aspect of the day. No matter what language we’re speaking, the numerical date is the same.
The alphanumeric view March 13, 2015. The numerical number represents the spiritual aspect of the day. And the alphanumerical version represents the aspects of physical life for that day.
- Six – The number of family or community, coming together in harmony, working together and being in balance together as a whole.
- This number is associated with Venus.
- This number is associated with the Alder Tree.
- This number is associated with the Red Hawk.
- It represents Divine Harmony.
- Positive Direction: This is the number of family, compassion, caring, diplomacy and children. Those with 6 in their life tend to be great parents, supportive and respectful to family and friends. They honor their elders and enjoy their children.
- Negative Direction: Six can also be the number of indifference and argument. It can exhibit dissatisfaction through defiance and disrespect. It can fall into moments of being controlling in order to “make” things happen their way. Which never lasts for the long-term.
There are a couple of articles here on Reflections that cover Friday the 13th in general for those of you interested in learning more.
- The History of Friday The 13th – A Good Day For Pagans
- Friday the 13th and the Full Moon – What’s In A Day?
A Case Of Kismet
As it turns out this is the 1300th post here on Reflections. Rather auspicious I think. Not to mention that through a numerological perspective, 1300 calculates to the number 4. Not only my favorite number, but my lucky number as well.
- Four – The number of progression, the circle of life or the change of seasons, movement and cycles, the ability to endure, to create stability.
- This number is associated with Mercury.
- This number is associated with the Mountain Ash Tree.
- This number is associated with the Otter.
- It represents the flow of spirit and nature.
- Positive Direction: 4 is the number of nature. It embodies the talent of instinct and the ability to change and fit in with its surroundings. It is a mailable number that feels comfortable in the spirit world as equally as it does in the physical world.
- Negative Direction: In reverse 4 can indicate instability, being flighty and having a need to get back to your roots. Feeling confused and not being able to make decisions, or choices on your own.
We hope you enjoy the March version of Friday the 13th, 2015. Make it a good one and it will be good to you in return.
© 2015 Springwolf, D.D., Ph.D. Springwolf Reflections / Springs Haven, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Very insightful. Interesting how the American Indian and Celtic systems gel together so nicely. Many thanks. I’m really enjoying those Aenigma project shows too.